Thursday 10 September 2015

Autumn Outfit Post #3


An Autumn day was officially warmer than most of the Summer, despite the breeze.  What's with that Britain?  When I saw that it was going to be 21 degrees today I saw the perfect opportunity to wear my new denim dress from Missguided, and it got a lot of compliments to my surprise!  This is one of my favourite pieces I bought on my little 'shopping spree' last weekend, and I was happy to finally be able to wear it.  When I bought it I pictured it with woolen tights, chunky Chelsea boots and a wool knit black cardigan.  But the weather caused me to wear the dress so minimally and I regret it.



The denim dress from Missguided is super comfortable, the material isn't heavy denim but it's not made from the denim you would expect on your jeans.  It's more airy, but there is no give what so ever in the material, but the only place this was a problem was around the boobs (well, a problem for me.) It has a denim belt to singe you in at the waist, which is a huge help because the dress has an A line cut and doesn't allow any curves what so ever without the belt.  It also helps to make your waist look skinnier, but it was a little too high for me, I'd have liked it to be a little lower!  It's long sleeved and buttons all the way up and down to the collar so it's easy to squeeze into and could even be used as a coat or a jacket with a different outfit!  I paired my dress with my Chelsea boots from New Look that I purchased over 3 years ago so who know's if they're still going!  But they're my autumn essential and I love to show them love.  During the day, I did have my hair in a low bun but as you can tell, I took my hair out by the time I got home.  I wore a huge winged liner on my face using my favourite eyeliner gel; Estee Lauder Stay Onyx, and a nude pink lip from Mac (Creme Cup) so I did not feel 'autumny' at all.  But I love the dress so it's okay, and there are plenty more days in Autumn where I can style this to my hearts desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment