Tuesday 8 September 2015

Autumn Outfit Post

My favourite season for fashion has finally arrived, Autumn!  I absolutely adore all the colours and textures of Autumn fashion; Cranberry and rust reds, khaki green, deep browns, golds and berry purples...  Wool, woven fabric, rough leather, suede!

So, seems as it's my favourite time of year I've decided I'm going to document what I'm wearing for these 'warm but freezing' weeks ahead!  Plus the fact that I'm going to love putting some of my 'oldies but goodies' together is going to give me some incentive to finally blog frequently!  (We'll see how that plays out...)

Today was my first day back at college, and I couldn't really tell what the weather was going to turn out like at 6 o'clock in the morning (painful.) Therefore, I put an outfit together that could work for warm and cold weather, and it definitely did because the weather today was a fickle bitch.



I went for a pretty basic look today, I wanted to be comfy and casual for college.  I didn't want to look like I was trying as much as I actually was pretty much.  I decided to go for my Jumper Dress from Missguided.  It's made from a black knit material and is woven in plaited strings.  The jumper dress hangs off one shoulder making it look super casual and 'girl next door'.  There isn't a lot of stretch in the hems of the material but it's still super comfy and comes down to around the centre of my thigh.  Because I'm not the biggest fan of showing my bare legs (who is in autumn and winter?) I put on some 40 Denier tights from George so that I didn't get too warm, but I was covering the unwanted skin.  On my massive feeties, I wore my beloved Black Leather Chelsea Boots from New look that have seen me through at least 3 harsh winters now.  The quality is definitely there, but you can tell that they've felt the love over the years.  I'm in love with my new Black Minimal Leather Bucket Bag from Missguided, it's an extremely simple design and goes with any outfit and it's like the Tardis.  I could fit a whole horse in this bag, it's so handy!  I wore some huge gold hoop earrings (Gretchen Wieners quote...  Almost.) to add more of a put together touch to it, honestly it completely changed it from 'comfy slouch' to 'completely thought out outfit.'  Then, I shoved my hair back into a long pony and let the front pieces of hair fall forward, further creating this illusion that I had made no effort what so ever.  On my face I had Mac Diva lipstick because who doesn't want gothic berry lips for Autumn?  If it's in, dare to wear it.  And a massive winged liner on my eyes using Estee Lauders Gel Liner in Stay Onyx.  That's pretty much it.  Now I have the stress of tomorrows outfit...



No comments:

Post a Comment